Friday, December 30, 2011

I watched "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" yesterday. Horrific but I suspect clearly worth it though I am trying to puzzle out what the take away is. Apart from having nightmares afterwards - the power of the medium does not require our eyes to be taped open or that we be drugged to insure we remember the images - so Burgess was wrong in A Clockwork Orange - so how will I ever enjoy Enya again? I will always make that association.

But apart from the brutality and sexual nature of many of the scenes, we have Elizabeth as the new superhero. Notice her appearance is imitated by many young women in town. The males on the other hand tend to look like the Geek in Jurassic Park. But the moral is Geeks will inherit the earth. Is this our next evolutionary step? Is she the postmodern individual?
But what kind of government do you get when it is ruled by Geeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment