Friday, August 16, 2013

Exciting new things

While class does not start until the 26th things are already happening here in the Eagle River Center as the Mat-Su School District is back in session and the young people participating the the Alaska Middle College School are here in the building. I got to meet them yesterday, though the opportunity was so brief I basically just had the chance to notice they are all taller than I am! Today they are listening to impressive discussions about the purpose of the program and what it offers them. Some really heavy hitters from the school district are here. I notice because of the location of my office - inside the area where they are meeting - I get to hear the briefings. Granted I am still trying to do work while listening - wrote my review of Daniel Goleman's book Focus and updated my review of Reza Aslan's book Zealot - and did some FB entries! But I still find what I hear to be impressive and it thrills me to be a part of it. Merging the college and the school district for this program is an exciting new thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment