Wednesday, March 26, 2014

History of Philosophy II

Today we continued on discussing Sartre and a little of Camus. The video that was playing at the start of class of the interview with Sartre is here. There is also an interesting video about Camus here. My cognitive map is posted here. (though the dang image is messed up and overlays the paragraph). The index for my Quest pages is here. I argued that Existentialism essentially pushes people to the bottom left portion of my map and this explains the general sense of depression associated with the Western European (though not British or American) frame of mind. The pragmatists were very different and we started going over Peirce and James and the quiz question for the day was: Do you think of yourself as a pragmatist? Since I do not have my notes linked to the syllabus I thought it good to remind everyone that I do have notes posted under class notes from my main web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment