Tuesday, September 25, 2012

(Repaired by typing) This evening in humanities class we never got to cover the videos on the syllabus. The Internet was working fine and so we went over some of the things we could not cover last week.I felt like things went very well and everyone seems to follow what we were covering. We spent most of the time covering the philosophies from Plato and Aristotle up through the post Aristotelians. When we talked about the Cynics I referred to Dionysius. While discussing him I showed the class the picture by Rafael titled the School of Athens. Then I talked about Epicurus which led to a discussion about the Epicurean philosophy. For an example I played portion of the movie by Fellini titled Satyricon. The portion I showed from the movie was Tremalchio's feast. Then we talked about the Stoics and their philosophy with an emphasis on Epictetus. Next, we talked about the Skeptics and after the Skeptics we talked about the neo-Platonists and then right away to talk about Jesus. For the topic of Jesus I showed a portion of the Front Line presentation on Jesus to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment